Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) Communities Forest Landscape Restoration (CFLR) Project
Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) Communities Forest Landscape Restoration (CFLR) Project under Community Partnership to Strengthen Sustainable Development Program (COMPASS) known as CHT-FLR is being implemented in Rowangchari upazila of Bandarban. The goal of the project is to enhance the capacity of the institutions and the CHT communities in managing forests and livelihood through evidence based scientific knowledge. The project will contribute towards enhancing the capacity of the communities in the forest landscape restoration through organizational and technical capacity development, strengthen capacity of the local communities in improving livelihood and engaging relevant stakeholders in improving participation in landscape restoration.
- Using ‘Restoration Opportunities Assessment Methodology (ROAM)’ for identification of potential forest landscape restoration (FLR) sites with appropriate mixture of species in selected union
- Engaging communities living around VCF at Rowangchari union in FLR activities and livelihood improvement, for restoration of ecosystem functions, and
- Create mass awareness for restoration and conservation of forests and wildlife.
- 350 hectares of degraded forest landscape will be restored through using Assisted Natural regeneration and other techniques.
- 650-hectare area conserved through improved natural resource management
- 8 community nurseries established
- 270 participants receiving skill training
- 260 participants receiving AIGA support